[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Greetings - New Dawn Forum

is a survival sandbox open-world multiplayer, set on an island in pirate age

Bearen

Greetings

12 Dec 2016, 00:58

A few months back I stumbled across this game on some website, I cant remember where, but I liked the idea that was posted and went here to this website, where I have lurked from time to time, and now that I have seen the pictures (from november however), I really like it, the features is great and I hope you can fullfill them all, even with adjustments.

I personally really enjoy almost all survival games, however I have a high demand for well made games, not just the graphics, but also sound, content and lore and I prefer PVE, simply because I think most people think of PVP the wrong way in terms of survival games, if everybody killed everybody, nobody would survive and the world would die out, yeah, thats not survival, thats quake.

I have a lot of ideas, mostly in terms of story and lore and will post them as time goes by. I wish you the best of luck with developing the game and I will most definately buy it when released, early access or full release doesnt really matter to me.

Here is a little thing to remember:

Im turning 40 in May 2017, living in Denmark and work as a graphics designer, LARP'er for 25 years.

Giorgio
Game Director

Re: Greetings

12 Dec 2016, 17:50

Bearen

12 Dec 2016, 19:27

Thank you for the answer Giorgio,

Yes, I agree with you - just food and thirst doesnt make it survival, however it doesnt have to be a bad thing that the players needs to eat and drink to survive, but it should follow realism better, like a normal human being can live without food for several days, he doesnt die without food after 1 hours of gameplay, as we see it in many other games, like Rust or ARK.

I am looking forward to an AI that doesnt get stuck between trees or rocks, that actually "thinks for itself", and if it is possible, it should also when wanting to plunder a place, consider threats - if there is 3 pirates, it would be stupid to try and attack a village with 10 natives.

I am looking forward to seeing your kickstarter project.

Giorgio
Game Director

13 Dec 2016, 22:53